Wednesday, July 2, 2014

e-Resource of the Month: Books & Authors


Summer days, summer reading. Since I'm all caught up on the doings of some of my favorite detectives (Ruth Galloway and Jimmy Perez, I hope you're back soon!) and have some beach time in the near future, time for me to figure out what to read next.

Aside from the incredibly helpful lists of "read alikes" provided by library staff, I often consult Books & Authors, which provides expert recommendations as well as a number of search and browsing options to help me find my next great read. Features of this e-resource, available anytime with your FCPL library card, include:
  • Browsing by title, series title, author or genre;
  • The Who? What? Where? When? search, which allows you to search by character, subject, location/setting and/or time period;
  • A My Reading Room feature that allows you to create, maintain and share lists of your favorite authors or titles as well as your own book reviews.

Find Books & Authors on our Articles/Databases page (under Literature & e-books) as well as on our Readers' Tools page, which includes links to library staff picks, read-alikes, best seller lists and more. 


~ Alison -- Electronic Resources Librarian

To learn more about the Fauquier County Public Library's collection, events or programs, visit us on Facebook, Twitter or online.





No comments:

Post a Comment