The Award-Winning Resource for Children and AdultsForget those sets of old, musty encyclopedias. Britannica Library gives you three sites in one: Children, Young Adults, and the Reference Center for older students and adults, making it easy for the entire family to conduct research, complete homework assignments, and work on special projects.
Britannica Search Cuts the Clutter
Overwhelmed with Googling? Britannica's consolidated search makes it easy to find the content you need. You can choose from a variety of content types, including articles, images, videos, dictionary, magazines, Web's Best Sites, Primary Sources & Ebooks, and Year in Review. After searching for any word or phrase, select any content type filter in the left column of the search results page to see what's available.
- 3 comprehensive encyclopedias including the Encyclopædia Britannica
- Thousands of magazine and journal articles directly related to search topics
- Merriam-Webster Dictionary in English/Spanish, plus audio pronunciations
- 90,000 images, videos, and audio clips
- Subject Browse, from Animals and the Arts to Science, and Math
- Biography Browse
- 129,000 of the Web’s Best Sites related to search topics
- World Atlas
- Compare Countries
- How-To documents for book reviews, presentations, research papers, and science reports
- My Britannica to save and share articles, images, and videos in a personal account
- Read-Aloud feature ideal for struggling readers and ELLs
- Double-click any word on Britannica's site for a quick definition. To see additional information, just click the "see full definition" link.
- Britannica's citation tool makes it easy to cite our content in your papers and projects. When viewing any young adults library or reference library article or image, simply click the Cite icon, select your style (MLA, APA, Harvard, or Chicago Manual of Style), and the tool will format the required information for you.
- Click on the Listen icon to hear text-to-speech audio of the article content.
To learn more about the Fauquier County Public Library's collection, events or programs, visit us on Facebook, Twitter or online.