What is Zinio?
Full digital versions of your favorite magazines, including the Economist, House Beautiful, Rolling Stone, Smithsonian Magazine and Weight Watchers.
- New issues are released and ready for download at the same time as the print edition - many before they arrive at the library!
- See the pages as they look in print - some magazines include features like video, audio and live links.
- Digital magazines are always available with unlimited users.
- You can read online or download issues to your computer or mobile device and read offline.
- No limits - check out as many issues as you want and keep them in your account for as long as you wish.
- A computer or device with access to the Internet via a browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- A valid Fauquier County Public Library number (when you create your Zinio Library account)
- A valid email address
Step 1: Go to https://www.rbdigital.com/fauquierva/zinio, which takes you to the RBdigital Gateway, which provides library patrons access to Zinio and Atomic Training
Step 2: Select Zinio
Step 4: You will be prompted to log in or set up an account (1 of 2) for access to the library's collection of magazines. If this is your first time using the service, you will need to set up a Zinio Library Collection account. You will need to enter in your 10-digit Fauquier County Public Library number, which is the barcode listed on the back of your library card (200...) and then fill out your name, e-mail address, etc. You now have an account for the Zinio Library Collection (to choose magazines to read).
Step 5: Select the complete your checkout of the magazine button
Step 6: A new browser window will open, taking you to Zinio.com, where you will be prompted to register for a 2nd account. Important -- to read/view/download the magazines you select from the Zinio Library Collection, you need to also create a personal Zinio Reader account on Zinio.com. Register for your account (or sign in if you already have one). You MUST use the same e-mail address you used in Step 4, when you created your Zinio Library Collection account. In order to make your life easier, we also recommend you use the same password for both accounts.
To get new issues or select new magazines:
- Return to the Library's Zinio Collection to choose new titles or add new issues to read. Just click on the cover or title.
- Then go to your Zinio.com account and select My Library to read them
Accessing Zinio via Fauquier County Public Library
The direct link for Fauquier County Public Library's Zinio collection is https://www.rbdigital.com/fauquierva/zinio. Be sure to add it to your favorites/bookmarks. Or, from the library website, on the left-hand navigation, under Services -- Downloadable Magazines. You can also access from Search for Articles and More -- Magazines, Journals and Newspapers.
You can also find a link in the library's catalog (title = Zinio).