Because the month of May is marked by several national health-related campaigns, including Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month, National Arthritis Month and Women's Health Week (May 12-18), what better time to promote the library's Health and Wellness Resource Center database?
Gale's Health & Wellness Resource Center can help you find health and wellness information as quickly as a Google search, but with the accuracy of library-quality results.
Features and Benefits
- Includes the respected Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine
- Authoritative reference material as well as full-text magazines, journals, and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources
- Current health news headlines
- Video content and physician-authored articles
- Database of drugs and herbal remedies
- Up-to-date contact information for various service agencies, offices, companies, people and health products
- Links to numerous calculators and risk assessment tools
- An alternative medicine module that looks at health care from a holistic lens
In addition, make sure to check out our Health & Wellness Resources page on our website for additional online health information, as well as lists of recommended books and videos to check out from our collection.
If you're wondering about other health-related events during the year, check out the National Wellness Institute's 2013 Health & Wellness Observances Calendar.
~ Alison -- Electronic Resources Librarian