- One in three American adults have gone online to figure out a medical condition
- Clinicians are a central resource for information or support during serious health episodes — and the care and conversation take place mostly offline
- Eight in 10 online health inquiries start at a search engine
- Half of health information searches are on behalf of someone else
- One in four people seeking health information online have hit a pay wall
- The social life of health information is a low-key but steady presence in American life
Instead of just relying on Google for health information online, be sure to consult Fauquier County Public Library's website, which has a dedicated area for online health resources. Here you'll find vetted health-related information from premium databases such as the Gale Health & Wellness Resource Center and Health Reference Center Academic, as well as links to free, trustworthy websites from the National Institutes of Health and the Mayo Clinic.