The library recently added Credo’s Literati to its arsenal of electronic resources for adults and students. Designed as a gateway to the library’s resources, Literati includes reference e-books, journals, and scholarly articles. Here is what some critics are saying about Literati:
The beautifully simple search page will be a welcome sight to a generation that has grown up on Google … The ability to perform cross reference searching across a large reference collection is liberating and powerful.— Library Journal
In an age in which Wikipedia is king and students are loathe to pick up a reference book, Credo’s [Literati] Topic Pages is an attractive solution for steering students toward trusted information.— Choice Magazine
Literati is a great place for students to get started on their research. Not only does the service provide in-depth, high quality information on a given topic, it provides related entries in magazines, newspapers and the library's own catalog, ensuring researchers are exposed to all the library has to offer.
- Educational e-content (encyclopedias, atlases, reference books, dictionaries) for K-12 through adult
- Topic Pages which organize/present materials (reference e-books, magazine articles, etc.) by subjects including Art, Biographies, Philosophy, Technology and more!
- The Mind Map feature for narrowing and broadening topics -- it helps students to visualize their topic and identify associated keywords - great for brainstorming
- Subject-specific tutorials and videos that improve information literacy - topics include Genealogy Research and Applying for Jobs Online
- Links to related items in the library catalog which you can place holds on/check out
- Live Homework Help (staffed by teachers) for students in grades 3-12 for writing, reading and math. Live help is available from 3 p.m. - 9 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 am - 3 p.m. on Saturdays. Teachers and students collaborate in the virutal classroom via an interactive whiteboard!
- Fun applications such as the Crossword Solver (enter '?' for the letter you are missing in your word)
Or, go to http://login.credoreference.com/libcard?id=7590 and enter in your 10-digit Fauquier County Public Library card number.