- Business and Company Resource Center - Use your library card number to access this Find It Virginia resource. Access company profiles, industry overviews and articles on specific businesses.
- SEC Filings & Forms (EDGAR) - All companies, foreign and domestic, are required to file registration statements, periodic reports, and other forms electronically through EDGAR. Anyone can access and download this information for free. Also access regulatory actions and investor information.
- Hoover's Online - Though portions of the site are subscription (fee) only, they do allow users to freely access industry overviews, company listings (alphabetically, by industry type, geography, SIC listing and most viewed). Information includes overview, competitor listing, recent news articles, and more.
- Reference USA - Available inside your local library, find detailed information on over 14 million businesses throughout the United States. Searchable by name, SIC code, yellow pages listing and more. Especially helpful if you're looking to target companies by geographic region or are researching corporate relationships (headquarters versus branch, etc.).
- Vault.com - Another subscription site that provides a lot of free information for non-subscribers. For job seekers who have a specific company in mind, the message boards are invaluable - feedback on company practices from actual employees.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Whether you're job hunting, brushing up for an interview or doing research before you invest, there are a number of online resources that will help you with your decision-making.