Features and Benefits
Including the respected Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine, the Health & Wellness Resource Center delivers up-to-date reference material as well as full-text magazines, journals, and pamphlets from a wide variety of authoritative medical sources. Additionally, consumers, students, and professionals are provided with descriptions of and links to many pertinent websites, selected for their usefulness and appropriateness.
Specifically, Health & Wellness Resource Center features:
- Current health news headlines
- Video results under a new Videos tab
- Newspapers, newsletters and newsfeeds
- Database of herbal drugs and remedies
- Up-to-date contact information for various service agencies, offices, companies, people and health products
- Links to numerous calculators and risk assessment tools
- An Alternative Health module that looks at health care from a holistic lens
Quality and Quantity
Health & Wellness Resource Center maintains an index of more than 1,100 health and medicine magazines and journals - 544 of which are peer-reviewed - and 626 of which are active full-text titles.
Health & Wellness Resource Center has partnered with Healthology, an industry leader in providing health and medical video content and physician-authored articles. You can access the Healthology content from the Health Highlights area of the home page. And whenever you perform a search using the search box or using the Advanced Search page, your results may include video content from Healthology as listed on the Video tab of your results list.
Ivy League Credentials
Health & Wellness Resource Center also brings you the latest health news from Harvard Health Publications, a division of the Harvard Medical School. You can view top headlines directly from the home page in a section called Breaking News, with a link browse additional headlines.
Access the Database Anytime