You can search the library's online catalog for items under the subjects Automobiles -- purchasing and Used cars -- purchasing. Specific recommended titles include:
The Car Book 2007 by Jack Gillis REF 629.222 GIL (Library Use Only)
Consumer Reports (behind Reference Desk):
- April - Annual Auto issue – used and new car buying guide;
- October – Annual issue - Best and Worst New Car Preview – brief reviews and prices
N.A.D.A. Official Used Car Guides (behind Reference Desk) – used car pricesOn the Web
The following Web sites provide a wealth of information for the prospective car buyer. You may also want to read "Confessions of a Car Salesman" by investigative journalist Chandler Phillips for Edmunds.com. If you don't have access to a computer, stop by your local library and get connected.
- http://autotropolis.com/ - buyer's guide, auto encyclopedia and auto forums allow buyers to get feedback from owners versus magazine editors/writers
- www.edmunds.com/ – pricing information
- www.jdpower.com/autos - pricing by model
- http://auto.consumerguide.com/ – consumer guide
- http://www.nada.com/ - N.A.D.A. used car pricing
- http://www.kbb.com/ - Kelley Blue Book new and used car pricing
- http://autos.msn.com/ – used and new vehicle pricing
- http://carinfo.com/ - New car prices, car buying tips, money saving tips, buying and leasing, new and used car quotes
- http://www.autoguide.com/ – used car buying
- http://www.autosite.com/ – price quotes – new and used cars
- http://www.autoweb.com/ – price quotes – new and used cars
- http://www.intellichoice.com/ – price quotes / buying guide – new and used cars
- http://www.carprices.com/ – price quotes / buying guide – new and used cars
- www.ufcu.org/learning/vehicle/wheels/buyers/index.php - car buying guide
Look for my upcoming post, Cars/Automobiles - Part Two, where I'll highlight auto repair manuals, saftey ratings and other automobile-related resources available at the library and on the Internet.
You can also ask for a printed version of the library's car guide at the reference desk.
Related Post: Automobile Guides - Part Two