Choose an OLogy (i.e., a topic) that focuses on subjects as diverse as anthropology, climate change and Einstein. Within each scientific subject area, you will find a number of hands-on activities, games and video/text interviews with scientists in that particular field.
Other websites that will supplement your child's science education include:
- PBS Kids Science Games - For elementary-age children, games emphasize engineering, nature, animals and more
- Kids.gov - Loads of online and real-world activities brought to you by various governmental departments and agencies (National Park Service, EPA, etc.)
- Wonderville - Access more than 30 games, numerous activities and videos for free
- BBC Schools - Find interactive science games for primary, secondary and higher-level learners (Note: Games focus on UK standards; some in Welsh)
- Lawrence Hall of Science -Play games and have interactive, engaging experiences as you learn about all manner of science topics
Looking for apps for your tablet or smart phone? Check out reviews for science apps and games for kids on Common Sense Media.
~ Alison, Electronic Resources Librarian
To learn more about the Fauquier County Public Library's collection, events or programs, visit us on Facebook, Twitter or online.